San Ramon, CA
We’re Ready to Invest in You – Be Remarkable!
We create attainable housing so that our children, and grandchildren, can live and prosper where we do. Collaborating with property owners, investment partners, municipalities, And local communities, we repurpose under-utilized commercial property. To a vital residential use, bringing new life, new energy and renewed Economic opportunity to the communities in which we work.
We recently produced a video that captures this mission and gives a little insight into how we approach homebuilding. I encourage you to check out this brief video
HBFA / TTLC Company Culture here is taken seriously every day.
We use a data analytical approach in addition to the normal culture practices
At our firm we believe in assessments from Predictive Index in finding the right candidate for our team. This is in addition to face-to-face interviews and in some cases video chat interviews. People are the heart of our business, hire the right people, inspire their best work, design our dream team, and sustain engagement for our “Forever Company “
Personal Commitment to Our Team and CORE VALUES:
Homes Built for America / The True Life Companies requires dedication to our Mission and commitment to the Company’s Five Core Values:
Our recruitment and selection process ensures each team member represents the best-in-class talent, experience and integrity as PARTNERS to further the Company’s Mission and fulfills our Promise, BUILT FOR AMERICA.
Are you a construction professional who thrives in the challenging and rewarding environment of a
building operation? Are you passionate about your experience and knowledge, and enjoy applying it to
complete a successful project? We are a company of driven building professionals looking for like-minded and dedicated individuals to join our team. We build product types ranging from single family tract and custom homes to mixed use and multi-family buildings. We are currently looking for a site superintendent with knowledge of high-
density construction, but welcome candidates with experience in all types of construction who possess
the ability to apply their leadership and expertise across a wide range of projects.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for all field operations at a specific job site, and possess the
following abilities and qualifications:
1. Preferably 10 years of construction experience and 2 years of managing entire projects of
commercial and/ or residential buildings up to four stories. We will consider applicants with
varying experience, but they must have verifiable project completions.
2. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
3. Complete understanding of working drawings, scopes of work, and safety procedures.
4. An understanding of construction contracts and documents, and how to apply the information
to field operations.
5. Broad knowledge of the construction industry, methods, and code interpretation.
6. Familiarity with or easy assimilation to computer applications such as Excel, Word, Smartsheets,
or other scheduling and organizational software.
7. Ability to create and update detailed construction schedules, projections, RFIs, and reports.
8. Excellent communication and documentation skills
9. Identify, assess, and manage risk as it relates to the company and its clients.
10. Highly motivated, self-starter who is also comfortable in a collaborative team environment
The applicant would also be able to accept the following responsibilities:
1. Manage onsite personnel, trade partners, government representatives, and inspectors in a
professional, communicative, and collaborative manner with the objective of creating a
successful environment for all parties.
2. Be the company’s representative on site with an eagerness to facilitate the construction process
and proactively find solutions to issues in the field.
3. Prepare, distribute, and manage the project schedule for all work and inspections
4. Identify deficiencies in construction work/ quality, and manage corrections efficiently.
5. Conduct and lead regular jobsite meetings dealing with the pre-construction process, safety
procedures, site logistics, and SWPPP practices.
6. Participate in regular meetings with principals regarding the progress of the project.
7. Prepare and maintain a daily log for the project to monitor job impacts and trade partner
8. Perform periodic and final walk-throughs with clients, administrators, and buyers.
9. Collaborate with project managers on other project aspects (i.e. budgets, specifications,
document preparation, permits, etc.)
10. Collaborate with other departments (sales, options, accounting, and customer service) to
achieve the company’s goals.
11. Supervise, direct, and mentor other company employees on the job.
We offer an industry competitive salary, paid holidays, and PTO. We also offer a unique opportunity for
individual growth within an expanding company with a vast project portfolio.