Working under the local office Managing Director, the Land & Development Analyst provides support to the local office real estate investment group through evaluation and coordination of information for local office decision making processes and integration with the Corporate office. The candidate will perform market research, financial, regulatory informational gathering, and timeline analysis to ensure the success of local projects.
• Research select markets in local area as directed by Regional Managing Director to determine land opportunities for development.
• Research existing market strength through analysis of all new home neighborhoods through model walks and interviews with sales representatives.
• Create data base of all available land in certain market areas through internet searches then filtering through research at local planning departments to determine suitability for development potential
• Engages in preliminary financial and land analysis in such areas as forecasting and budgeting.
• Supports budget and forecasting activities
• Engages in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
• Responds to inquiries from the RMD regarding financial results, special reports, and the like
• Assists Senior Vice President to manage land acquisition data to create schedules, tracking acquisition status, evaluate technical alternatives, and identify land risks.
• Develops content for internal and external land acquisition meetings including land owner meetings, land acquisition firm meetings, and client committee meetings.
• Provides the RMD with cost, schedule, and scope performance information on land acquisition tasks.
• Works with various contacts (municipal officials, land owners, planners, attorneys, engineers, brokers, real estate agents) to identify opportunities to improve acquisition processes related to right of entry, appraisals, permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, soils/geology, and building costs.
• Ensure QA/QC process so that all land acquisition processes are followed, documents are uploaded into LandFolio, contact logs are up-to-date and acquisition records are defendable.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge Requirements:
• Excellent financial analysis capabilities
• Highly motivated and able to work independently on routine tasks and assignments
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and investors
• Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be independently effective
• Innovative thinker, who actively seeks opportunities to improve performance and proposes solutions
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in real estate related field • Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) - advanced and proficient knowledge of Excel required, familiarity with Apple Operating Systems
Personal Commitment to Our Team and CORE VALUES: This requires dedication to our Mission and commitment to the Company’s Core Values: • Surround The Firm With Fortune Hunters • Partnership Driven Period • Good Enough Never Is • Creating Wealth And Using It To Make The World A Better Place • Follow-Through To Conclusion