San Ramon, CA
Director of Purchasing
We create attainable housing so that our children, and grandchildren, can live and prosper where we do. Collaborating with property owners, investment partners, municipalities, And local communities, we repurpose under-utilized commercial property. To a vital residential use, bringing new life, new energy and renewed Economic opportunity to the communities in which we work.
We recently produced a video that captures this mission and gives a little insight into how we approach homebuilding. I encourage you to check out this brief video
HBFA / TTLC Company Culture here is taken seriously every day.
We use a data analytical approach in addition to the normal culture practices
“The Culture Think Tank Method” (www.theculturethinktank.com) At our firm we believe in assessments from Predictive Index in finding the right candidate for our team. This is in addition to face-to-face interviews and in some cases video chat interviews. People are the heart of our business, hire the right people, inspire their best work, design our dream team, and sustain engagement for our “Forever Company “
Personal Commitment to Our Team and CORE VALUES:
Homes Built for America / The True Life Companies requires dedication to our Mission and commitment to the Company’s Five Core Values:
- Surround The Firm with Fortune Hunters
- Partnership Driven Period
- Good Enough Never Is
- Creating Wealth and Using It To Make The World A Better Place
- Follow Through To Conclusion
Our recruitment and selection process ensures each team member represents the best-in-class talent, experience and integrity as PARTNERS to further the Company’s Mission and fulfills our Promise, BUILT FOR AMERICA.
- Responsible for day-to-day purchasing operations and the bidding of new projects, executing contracts and material ordering. This role will manage the implementation of department processes and procedures. Responsible for Direct reports, trade negotiations, budget management/reporting, national contracts and growing the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a positive and motivating environment for all Team Members
- Responsible for the daily operations of the purchasing department and activities
- Oversee work flow for multiple employees
- Create budgets for potential projects
- Create and manage an option program per community
- Bids out onsite construction; negotiates subcontractor increases as appropriate.
- Negotiates and contracts with subcontractors and other vendors.
- Negotiate national Product rebates
- Ensures timely and expedient processing/receipt of vendor/national contract rebates.
- Generates and circulates house budgets.
- Prepares and issues change orders and notices.
- Reviews Purchase Order claims and contracts for conformance to Company policy.
- Find new subcontractors and vetting process to ascertain their viability as trade partners
- May assist Construction Department with management of subcontractors.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures;
- Assess supply chain conditions to determine product availability and timing of orders
- Develop and implement administrative and office procedures and practices.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in outsourcing hard to find materials
- Compile, track and submit for all product rebates
- Conducts regular staff meetings; interviews and hires staff members; coaches and ensures staff receives appropriate training.
- Collaborate with staff, subcontractors/vendors or other departments to resolve issues.
- Work with the entitlement and sales team to value engineer building plans
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree and or equivalent Purchasing management experience
- Demonstrated leader within residential homebuilding industry or related industry
- Demonstrated/ proven strong experience in handling major trades is a must.
- Experience in single family and multifamily home construction
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understands market and industry trends
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating teams, employee development, and being results oriented
- Ability to connect with people, and develop and maintain professional relationships
- Action oriented, with the drive to push sales to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer’s perspective
- Strong verbal & writing skills
- Able to conduct verbal presentations and training sessions
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other’s ideas, and a willingness to cooperate
- Makes quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Work a minimum of 8-hour days in the San Ramon office with varying field visits
- Conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to trade partners, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
?Aetna Medical (costs are shared), Flexible Spending Account,Health Spending Account available
•85% ER (employer covered/employee only)/65% ER coverage for dependents
?Dental, Vision - Employee cost
?Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.00, Accidental Death & Dismemberment - Employer cost
?Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability - Employer cost
?401K through Empower – company matches up to 4% employee contribution
?PTO / Vacation – First year earns 10 days; Years 2 & 3 earns 12 days; Year 4 earns 15 days; Years 5-9 earns 20 days; Years 10+ earns 25 days
?Sick Leave – 48 hours annually (can be used as PTO)
?Corporate Wellness Program- allowed to expense up to $100.00 monthly towards improving your physical health. (Examples: gym membership, ski pass, dance classes, yoga, sports/recreational activities, massage/aromatherapy, wellness coaching, mobile IV, vitamins, etc.) Non-covered activities include salon or beauty services/products, golf, concerts, etc.
?Professional Development Program - allowed to expense up to $2,500.00 annually towards improving education in your career (after 90 days of employment.)
?Dress for Success Program - $750 annually per associate for professional clothing (after 90 days of employment.)
$120,000 - $180,000